Computer viruses are malicious software programs designed to cause harm to computer systems, networks, and devices. They can spread quickly and can cause severe damage to your files, software, and hardware. Here are the different types of computer viruses and how you can protect your devices from them:
- Trojan Horses – disguised as harmless software but carry harmful payloads.
- Worms – spread through networks and consume system resources.
- Ransomware – encrypts your files and demands payment for the decryption key.
- Adware – displays unwanted advertisements on your computer.
- Spyware – collects personal information without your knowledge.
To protect your devices from viruses, follow these tips:
- Keep software and operating systems up to date with the latest security patches.
- Use reliable antivirus software and keep it updated.
- Avoid downloading attachments or clicking links from unknown sources.
- Use a firewall to block unauthorized access to your network.
- Regularly back up important data to a secure location.
By following these guidelines, you can help ensure the security of your computer and protect your data from potential harm caused by computer viruses.