Factory Reset is a software restoration process of an Electronic device to its original system state, by erasing or deleting all of the information stored on the Electronic device in an attempt to restore the device’s software to its original Factory Default settings.
Factory Reset is also Known as Hard reset or Master reset. Hard Reset Delete all your data like photos, contacts and applications (Apps) in your Electronic Device.
You will not recover your files after Factory reset.
Why Need to Perform Factory Reset :-
Common reasons to perform a factory reset or hard reset :
- If you want to sell your device, You must Reset your device to format all data.
- To fix a malfunctioning electronic device (Like mobile or tablet etc).
- To remove a file or app or virus that is difficult to remove on your device.
- To clear or remove the memory space on the electronic device.
- To clear or delete the configuration and settings of the electronic device to the factory default settings.
- To remove or delete personal information from the device before selling or giving away the device.
Factory Reset any Android Device :
You can make your settings to factory defaults. factory reset will erase all your data. To perform a mobile factory data reset using the Settings menu, follow Below Simple steps:
- First , Open the Settings menu, On your mobile device.
- Then, Under “ Personal ” touch Backup & reset Option. You need to enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
- If you can not see Backup & Reset, try to find Reset option in your settings.
- Next, Under “Personal data,” touch Factory data reset.
- Next read the information on the screen and touch Reset phone option.
- If you have a screen lock, you will need to enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
- Then after, When prompted, touch Erase everything Option to erase or delete all data from your mobile device’s internal storage.
- Finally, When your device has finished formatting, select the option to reboot your device.
- Factory reset done on your mobile.
Read More : Android devices List for Factory Reset
How To Factory Reset Apple iPhone :
- First go to Home screen of Your Apple iPhone.
- Next scroll to Settings. Then, Tap General option.
- Select Reset, and select option “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Then you will see information to confirm.
- If prompted, then enter your Pass code or Password.
- Finally, Confirm your choice and wait to finish operation.
- Good job. Factory Reset done on your Apple iPhone.
Read More : How to Factory Reset Apple iPhone
Router Reset to Factory Default Settings :
To perform a Router Factory Reset, please follow Below steps.
- Power on the Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.
- Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
- The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.
Note : Resetting the router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.
Read More : Routers List for Factory Reset
How to Hard Reset any Android Device :
Hard Reset Delete all your data like photos, contacts and applications (Apps) in your android mobile. You will not recover your files after reset your mobile.
- Switch off or Turn off your phone.
- Then, Press and Hold Volume Up + Power button Until you will see Android reboot menu.
- Next, select option : “wipe data / factory reset” using Volume Down, and Power button to confirm operation.
- After that, choose option “yes” with Volume Down, to select and Power button to accept.
- Finally, press Power button to enter option “ reboot system now ”.
- Finally, Hard reset done on your mobile.
Note : If your Device becomes unresponsive or hanged at any point during these steps, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for few seconds.
If that doesn’t work, try taking the battery out and putting it back in after 10 to 15 seconds and starting the steps again.
Difference between Reset and Reboot :
There is a big difference between Resetting a router and Rebooting a router.
Reboot means, cycle the power to Electronic Device or Refresh the Device. Resetting involves changing the Device settings back to its factory defaults.
Perhaps you have forgotten the password of your Device and now you want to reset the password. First you need to Hard Reset the Device, then you can use the default password to access your router.