To factory reset a Xiaomi phone without a password, you can try the following steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until you see the Xiaomi logo.
- Release the buttons and wait for the phone to enter fastboot mode.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Recovery mode” and select it with the power button.
- Wait for the phone to boot into recovery mode.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe data/factory reset” and select it with the power button.
- Confirm the action when prompted.
- Wait for the factory reset to complete.
- Select “Reboot system now” to restart the phone.
It is important to note that factory resetting your device will erase all data, so it is important to back up any important data beforehand. Also, keep in mind that the steps vary a bit from one Xiaomi model to another so some details may be a bit different.
The instructions I provided are general steps that should work for many Xiaomi devices, but they may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your phone. Some popular Xiaomi devices that should work with these instructions include:
- Xiaomi Mi 8
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 10
- Xiaomi Mi A3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
- Xiaomi Poco X2
It’s important to keep in mind that the steps may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your phone and the version of the software that it’s running. So, it’s good to check for specific instructions for your model in the user manual or on Xiaomi’s official website.