To factory reset a OnePlus device, follow these steps:
- Go to the device Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the “System” option.
- Tap on “Reset options.”
- Tap on “Erase all data (factory reset).”
- If prompted, enter your device password or PIN to continue.
- Tap on “Erase all data” to confirm the factory reset.
Please note that this will delete all data and settings from your device, and it will be restored to its original factory state. Be sure to back up any important data before performing a factory reset.
There are a few different options for factory resetting a OnePlus device. The most common method is through the device Settings, which I described in my previous answer.
Here are a few additional options:
- Using the hardware keys: If your device is unresponsive or won’t boot up, you can use the hardware keys to perform a factory reset. To do this, press and hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously until the device vibrates. Release the buttons and wait for the device to reboot into the recovery menu. From here, use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and use the power button to select it.
- Using the OxygenOS recovery mode: On OnePlus devices, you can also access the recovery mode from the OxygenOS bootloader. To do this, turn off your device and then press and hold the power and volume down buttons to boot into the bootloader. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Recovery” option and use the power button to select it. From here, you can use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and use the power button to select it.
- Using the ADB command: If you have ADB setup on your computer, you can also use ADB commands to factory reset your device. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and open a command prompt or terminal window. Type the command “ADB reboot recovery” and press enter. This will boot your device into recovery mode. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and use the power button to select it.
Please do note that in all cases, performing the factory reset will erase all data, settings, and installed apps on the device, so are sure to back up your data before doing that.
The instructions for factory resetting a OnePlus device that I provided in my previous answers apply to most OnePlus smartphones. Some examples of OnePlus devices that these instructions should work on include:
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 5T
- OnePlus 5
- OnePlus 3T
- OnePlus 3
- OnePlus 2
- OnePlus One
Keep in mind that instructions and menu layout may slightly vary depending on the version of the OS the device is running, but the general steps should be the same. Make sure to always check your device’s user manual for specific instructions.
It’s possible that there may be slight variations depending on the specific model of your OnePlus device and the version of the software it’s running, so it’s always a good idea to check your device’s user manual for specific instructions.