NETGEAR RP114 Router Reset To Factory Defaults. You can easily reset your wireless WiFi router. Here we are also provide Reboot methods of NetGear routers. You must reset your Wireless router to the factory defaults settings if you have forgotten your router user name or password. And you need to reboot your device if your router does not works properly.
Difference between Reset and Reboot :
There is a big difference between Resetting a router and Rebooting a router. Reboot means, cycle the power to Router or Refresh the router. Resetting involves changing the router settings back to its factory defaults. Perhaps you have forgotten the password of your NetGear router and now you want to reset the password. First you need to Hard Reset the router then you can use the default password to access your router.
When you reset your router the following settings will be changed:
- NetGear Router username and password
- Wi-Fi username and password
- ISP ip addresses and DNS
- Any firewall settings you have made
- Any portforwards you have set up
- Generally, any configuration or settings changes that you have made to your router.
How To Reset NETGEAR RP114 Router With Button :
To reset your NetGear router to its factory default configuration using the Reset button:
- First switch on router.
- Then, Find the Reset button on the router (Generally back side of the router).
- Press and hold the Reset button with a paper clip or similar object while you power on the router.
- After that Release the Reset button after 10 to 15 seconds.
- Next, Wait 5 to 8 minutes for the router to finish booting. You can check the lights on the NetGear router. When the lights are solid or blink in repeating patterns, the router is finished booting.
- Finally, Power off your router.
At this point, your router is reset and will Reboot into its factory-default configuration or Settings the next time you power it on.
Note : Resetting the NetGear router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.
Method 2 (Try this If Above method not Works):
- First, Locate the buttons on the side of the router labeled as “Wireless” and “WPS.”
- Then, Press both the “Wireless” and “WPS” buttons at the same time for 5 to 10 seconds. The router will reboot.
- Log in to the Netgear router control panel on your computer using the default Netgear username and password. The default username will be “admin” and the default password will either be “password” or “1234” You will now be logged into the Netgear router.
How To Reset NETGEAR RP114 Router Using Admin Control Panel :
- Log in to the router via http://192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- Default User Name is : Admin
- Default Password is : Password or 1234
- First, In the left-hand menu, under Maintenance, click Backup Settings option.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm that you want to restore the factory default settings. Click Yes.
- Then, The netgear router will now reset and you will see the power light on the front go red, then green as the router is reset.
- Finally, You are now redirected to the router Setup Wizard where you can perform the initial configuration or settings.
How To Change The NetGear RV325 Router Wi-Fi Password :
- Launch an Internet browser like Firefox or chrome and type http://www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Then, Enter the router user name and password when prompted.
The default user name is admin. The default password is password or 1234.
- Click OK . The BASIC router Home page displays.
- Next, Select Wireless option.
- After that, Enter your new user name in the Name (SSID) field.
- Then, Enter your new password in the Password (Network Key) fields.
- Finally, Click the Apply button. Your changes are saved.
Note : If your mobile or any other device disconnects from the wireless network, view the available WIFI wireless network again and enter the new WiFi network key or password.
NetGear Customer Support :
If you are still having problems, contact NetGear customer care department. Follow below links.