Actiontec GT704 Router Reset To Factory Defaults. You can easily reset your wireless WiFi router. Here we are also provide Reboot methods of Actiontec routers. You must reset your Wireless router to the factory defaults settings if you have forgotten your router user name or password. And you need to reboot your device if your router does not works properly.
Difference between Reset and Reboot :
There is a big difference between Resetting a router and Rebooting a router. Reboot means, cycle the power to Router or Refresh the router. Resetting involves changing the router settings back to its factory defaults. Perhaps you have forgotten the password of your Actiontec router and now you want to reset the password. First you need to Hard Reset the router then you can use the default password to access your router.
When you reset your router the following settings will be changed:
- Actiontec Router username and password
- Wi-Fi username and password
- ISP ip addresses and DNS
- Any firewall settings you have made
- Any portforwards you have set up
- Generally, any configuration or settings changes that you have made to your router.
How To Reset Actiontec GT704 Router With Button :
To perform a factory reset, please follow Below steps.
- Power on the Actiontec Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.
- Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
- The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.
Note : Resetting the Actiontec router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.
How To Reset Actiontec GT704 Router From Admin Control Panel :
- First,Connect your router to PC through Cat5 or Cat6 network cable.
- Open any Web browser like Firefox or Chrome and enter http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the Address field.
- Then, enter your user name and password and click Continue. Your default user name is admin and Password field is blank.
- Next, From the top navigation, select Utilities option.
- After that, from the Modem Utilities navigation, select Restore Defaults option. From this screen you can restore the Gateway’s wireless settings and firewall settings to their factory default position.
- Finally, Press the appropriate button to restore your default settings. Now the Router’s Power Light flashes and the Router is disabled until after rebooting the device. Your Actiontec GT704 is now using the default settings for the network settings.
Solutions To Actiontec GT704 Login Problems :
If you can not get logged in to your Wireless router, here a few possible solutions you can try.
Forgot Password to Actiontec GT704 Router :
If your Internet Service Provider or ISP supplied you with your router then you might want to try giving them a phone call and see if they either know what your Actiontec router’s username and password are, or maybe they can reset it for you.
How to Reset the Actiontec GT704 Router To Default Settings :
If you still can not get logged in then you are probably going to have to Hard reset your router to its default settings
How To Change The Actiontec Router Wi-Fi Password :
WiFi Terms Explanation :
Wireless Name : Wireless network (WiFi) needs to have a name to uniquely identify it from other wireless networks.
Wireless Password : An important part of securing your wireless network (WiFi) is choosing a strong password.
Wireless Channel : Changing a WiFi channel is not always a simple task. Be sure to read about WiFi channels before changing this option. So make it default option.
Encryption : You should definitely pick WPA2 for your networks encryption. It’s best security encryption.
To change WiFi password follow below steps :
- First, Open a web browser like Firefox or Chrome, type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Then, Enter the administrator username and password (The default username and password are both admin).
- Then click OK.
- After that, Click the option at the top of the page labeled Wireless Setup. Then, to the left, click Basic Settings.
- Next, an SSID needs to be set. This will be your network name (WiFi Name) and can be anything you want it to be, however, due to security reasons we highly recommend avoiding the use of any personal data.
- Then, Open the drop down list designated Control Channel and select either 1, 6, or 11.
- After that, set the Authentication Method to WPA2-Personal. Choosing this option will provide you with the best security protection.
- Next, The WPA Encryption should be set to AES.
- Finally, you will need to set a WPA Pre-Shared Key (WiFi Password). This will be your network password. However bear in mind that a strong password is 8-15 characters in length and contains no personal information.
- Click apply and wait for a while.
- Now you are successfully changed your Router WiFi Password.
Note : After making these changes to your Wireless router you will almost definitely have to reconnect any previously connected devices(Mobile or laptop). This is usually done at the wireless device itself and not at your computer.
Actiontec Customer Support :
If you are still having problems, contact Actiontec customer care department. Follow below links.